Sunday, June 11 from 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
at the Back To The Wild center located
at 4504 Bardshar Road, Castalia, Ohio.
If you would like to see some pictures from the benefit, take a look at the picture page .
- Free ice cream and sherbet (gleefully hand-dipped into cones by volunteers)
- Free beverages (soda, water, tea)
- Door prizes with all ticketed attendees eligible
- Live auction with a multitude of donated items
- Silent auction with another multitude of donated items
- Raffles for yet another multitude of donated items
- White Elephant sale (no, you couldn't get an elephant for cheap there)
- Bake sale (m-m-m good)
- Guided and self-guided tours of the center (the reason for the benefit)
- Food available from vendors (m-m-m good)
- Garage sale for the public and attendees on the front lawn
Many supporters visited the enclosure areas and the new education building. The live auction drew a large, active crowd bidding on everything from a (faux) bear foot rest to wildlife prints to golf clubs to golf games with no cart to golf games with half of a cart to chandeliers to wildlife carvings to a pool table to various other items.
The Most Active Bidder award goes to Bidder #2. Thank you!
It appeared that everyone went away happy!
Proceeds of the Benefit are being used for the care and feeding of the animals and for day-to-day operating expenses of the center. The benefit raised over $7,000. There were over 250 people at the center that day to enjoy the wonderful weather and activities.
A big thank you to all the individuals, groups, and companies who donated materials for the auctions and door prizes.
Another big thank you to all the Back To The Wild supporters who attended the benefit.
BACK TO THE WILD home page URL is:
This page created and maintained with a Macintosh iMac computer.
This was last modified on June 25, 2000.