K I D ' S P A G E
Kid's Fun Activities
Search for hidden words in a jungle of letters. Some of the words are going up, some are going down, some are backwards, some are on a slant, and some words are even going the right way. Some of the games give you a new set of words to find each time you play.
The Margaretta School District, in Castalia, Ohio has been supporting BACK TO THE WILD® for over ten years in several significant ways.
- Bogart Elementary School first grade classes come every spring for an educational field trip and bring a generous cash donation from all the kids and their families. Some of those first graders from over 10 years ago, are now getting ready to graduate from Margaretta High School!
- Bogart Elementary Kindergarten classes have done fundraisers for BTTW.
- The Margaretta National Honor Society students have helped volunteer at BTTW.
- Two of our staff members are Margaretta High School graduates!
The COLD CREEK GIRL SCOUTS, Troop 60, in Castalia, Ohio have been recycling aluminum cans for BACK TO THE WILD® for the past three years. These special Scouts have worked hard and have raised over $3,500 to help us help wildlife!
A total of EIGHTEEN EAGLE SCOUT PROJECTS have been completed at BACK TO THE WILD® by area Boy Scouts, to earn their EAGLE SCOUT RANK! Back To THe Wild is proud and honored to have 18 Boy Scouts complete their Eagle Scout Projects here at our facility.
- Gavin Baker, Troop 409 ~ Owl Flight Cage in Woods
- Rusty Bressler, Troop 44 ~ Bald Eagle Exhibit in Amphitheater
- Ed Werner, Troop 44 ~ Portable Songbird Flight Cage on wheels
- Matt Stevens-Rich, Troop 8 ~ Woodland Box Turtle Compound
- Brady Krupp, Troop 360 ~ Natural Cavity Exhibit for Education
- Mark Ziegler, Troop 8 ~ Raptor Flight Cage
- Eddie Logan, Troop 302 ~ Woodpecker Aviary
- Justin Moses, Troop 307 ~ Bald Eagle Winter Quarters
- Paul Bower ~ Exhibit for Mammals
- Judd Lapp, Troop 31 ~ Flying Squirrel Cage
- Roger Williams, Troop 302 ~ Brick Walkway in Butterfly Garden
- Kyle Reid, Troop 8 ~ Tortoise and Box Turtle Enclosure
- Mike Pelton, Troop 447 ~ Extension to Box Turtle Garden
- Bob Williamson, Troop 91 ~ Small Flight Cage
- Shawn Kaman, Troop 8 ~ Songbird Flight Cage
- Brent Gable, Troop 320 ~ Squirrel Enclosure
- Dave Leitner, Troop 195 ~ Waterfowl Exhibit
- Jeff Wilcox, Troop 214 ~ Box Turtle and Tortoise Enclosure
Local school children have held candy and T-shirt sales, raffles and penny drives to raise funds for BACK TO THE WILD®.
- Maplehurst Elementary Students in Norwalk, Ohio have collected pennies for the past eight years for BACK TO THE WILD®! Each year these students raise over $700.00 to help the center continue its work!
- McCormick School 5th Graders of the Environmental Science Club in Huron, Ohio raised $1,109!!!
- Scouts in Den 6, Pack 215 in Milan, Ohio held an Indian Tickets Raffle for the center and raised over $300.00!
- Students of the St. Mary's Central Catholic High School Environmental & Key Club have been wonderful supporters of BACK TO THE WILD® for the past five years - both financially and in volunteering at the center!
- Heidelberg Students in Tiffin, Ohio are working with the center in a Service Learning Program and spend 20 hours per student each semester. A great help to the center!
BACK TO THE WILD® is especially grateful to the teachers and principals of these students for involving them in our Wildlife Rehabilitation efforts ! ! !
What can kids do to help?
Adopt an animal at a wildlife center.
Start recycling programs and penny drives of your own.
Volunteer at your local animal shelter or wildlife rehab center.
Click on these sites to learn more about wildlife, endangered species and what you can do to help.
BACK TO THE WILD® wildlife rehabilitation center in Castalia, Ohio.
BACK TO THE WILD® home page URL is: