Sunday, July 25 from 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
at the BACK TO THE WILD center located
at 4504 Bardshar Road, Castalia, Ohio.
If you would like to see some pictures from the benefit, take a look at the picture page.
- Ice cream (gleefully hand-dipped into cones by volunteers)
- Beverages (soda & water)
- Silent auction with a multitude of donated items
- Give-A-Hoot auction with another multitude of donated items
- Raffles for yet another multitude of donated items
- Bake sale (Delicious Recipes!)
- Guided tours of the center facilities and exhibits
- Sandwiches available - Shredded Turkey and Arby's-donated Roast Beef
- Live Auction for the Open House attendees on the front lawn
Proceeds of the Benefit are being used for the care and feeding of the animals and for day-to-day operating expenses of the center. The benefit raised over $9,800. There were about 400 people at the center that day to enjoy the wonderful weather and activities - we're still totalling up the number. The slight sprinkles of rain in mid-afternoon lent a "reality" to being outdoors. The attendees at that time weren't disturbed and continued listening to Mona speak about the importance of tending injured animals.
A special guest that day was Dick Goddard, weatherman extraordinaire for Fox Channel 8 in Cleveland. Dick has long been an advocate for proper treatment of animals.
A big THANK YOU to all the individuals, businesses, and organizations who donated great items for the auctions and door prizes.
Another big THANK YOU to all the BACK TO THE WILD supporters who attended the benefit.
And a big THANK YOU to all the BACK TO THE WILD supporters who couldn't join us, but sent a donation or item to auction.
And last but NOT least, a huge THANK YOU to all the BACK TO THE WILD volunteers who helped put together and work the open house - we absolutely couldn't have done it without you!
BACK TO THE WILD home page URL is:
This page created and maintained with a Macintosh G4 computer.
This was last modified on October 19, 2004.